Saturday, August 22, 2015

#41

Alhamdulillah my brother, I write again. I hope that I can write everyday. J

My brother, last night I read a book that is written by Indonesian language but it has been translated into English. The title is “Maintain the Heart”. The author is Abdullah Gymnastiar, but well known as Aa Gym. Alhamdulillah I have read first chapter from that book and I want to share to you. I hope it can give advantage to us J.

My brother, Aa Gym told us that living in this world need important thing. What is it? That is maintain our heart. Because heart is a king in our body. If our king is bad, so we are bad. But uf our king is good so we are good. If we can maintain our heart we can enjoy this life , get great thing, avoid from problem, etc.

How the solution? He give us the step by step to manage the heart (qolbu). But in this writing I only write step one, that is self-recognition.

Self recognition is very important in our life. If we know our self well we will face this life well. But unfortunately, many people still don’t recognize theirselves eventhough they have been living in this world for long time.

There are three ways to get self-recognition. They are knowing our potential, focusing on ourselves and changing our perception to the good one.

For knowing our potential, we should evaluate our self-potensial. Why? Because by evaluating we will know well who we are. In this evaluating, we will face these question: Who am I actually? What am I here in this world? Who created me? What did He create me for? What can I do for my life in this world? What can I do for my life in the hereafter?What are my weaknesses (negative potential)? What are my strenghts (positive potential)?

For focusing on ourselves, we should start from ourselves if we want to see others perform good deeds. Then if we want to educate our children effectively, we have to exhibit the good deed as well.

Then, for changing our perception, we must be sure that we can change ourselves into a better person if we develop the good side and eliminate the bad one. We also should be very sure that Allah will always help the man who always praises Him. This perception will live up our motivation and bring us to be capable men. In sha Allah. :)

Ok my brother, may this writing can give advantage for us. :)



Surabaya, August 22, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment